23.5.08

These are a few of my favorite things....

My brother Brandon. Yesterday was his birthday! He is 11! He is one amazing kid. I don't know anyone more genuinely kind and thoughtful. He cares so deeply about so many things. He is the best brother a girl could have. One of the most amazing things about brandon is how kind he is to his baby sister. To her he is more than a brother, he is her protector, teacher and best friend. She is one lucky girl.



"I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence....." I always forget how much I love grunge. And I feel it is satisfyingly appropriate to be blasted from the stereo system in my hand-me-down 92' civic. A little thank you to Joshua for this particular album. But i will add that I do not love combat boots... but over-sized flannel shirts are quite cozy.



Poppies! The poppies were all in bloom today in Salt Lake City. I am so so sad they won't be in bloom around June 27th. I bought a load of fake ones to put in my room today that may look a little fake, but look good enough to keep me smiling!


Vegetarian or not, I love love garden burgers! They fill me up like nothing else can without making me feel overly groggy like pasta or a burger burger. I've tried the other meat substitutes, but Garden Burgers win hands down. I think its the rice thingys. mmmmmmm


I got this handy dandy little book for eric for his birthday this next week. I got it as a little joke. But it's so interesting! It answers all of the questions you would never admit you had! And it is full of some seriously interesting facts - like the composition of dino dung.


2 comments:

Morgan Werner said...

Man, Brandon and Anna are getting so big! I still think of them as babies.

Yes, Garden Burgers rock! I eat those if I eat at work at Islands because a beef burger just sits in my stomach for too long, especially when I have to work the rest of my shift still.

Caitlin Carroll said...

Um, ok, I totally read that book in Urban Outfitters in San Francisco! You're so right, very interesting. Also, Garden Burgers do win next to other veg ones. I bought a bunch of Morningstar Farm vegan ones when they were on super sale at Smith's so I'm still trying to work through those... but once I'm done, it's back to the good stuff.